Walgreens Coupons & Deals

Walgreens Deals: Updates From the Field 4/1

by Christie Bisbee on April 1, 2012

Here are some updates on the Walgreens Deals for this week and from my trip to the store…

VENUS & OLAY RAZOR: I looked all over the store for this and finally found it in a display over at cosmetics. Also, the product was so new that there was no price listed when they rang it up so they had to enter a price manually. Just make sure that it rings up correctly for you if you purchase it.

EGG DEAL: I was a little concerned about getting funny looks over the egg coupon, because I doubt they see many coupons for eggs at my store. Luckily there were no beeps on that one and I was able to use the .55/2 Egg coupon  to grab (2) Dozen Grade A Large Eggs for .73 each.

KELLOGG’S DEAL: The Kellogg’s cereals included in the sale this week from what I can tell are Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran and Froot Loops. The $1/2 Rice Krispies and Raisin Bran coupons are still available so you can grab them for $1 each.

VANITY FAIR NAPKINS: I was happy to grab the Vanity Fair Napkins for $.99 after the $1/2 Vanity Fair napkins coupon.  That seemed to be a popular item in the store even with no coupon, so I’m glad I got it, there were only 3 left!

Also my store manager mentioned that she thought there was a Suave Register Reward deal coming up so I printed the $0.50/1 Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion coupon. I’ll let you know more when I get some details!

How Did your shop go? Did you find any great deals? Let us know! :)

{ 34 comments… read them below or add one }

maddison April 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm

the razors were 8.99 at my store, but the cartridges were still 16.99 :( i was hoping to get some cartridges too!

angeline April 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm

the suave deal is buy three body wash and get 2.00 rr good to use the buy three get one free coupon so just 2.00 for three body wash after rr and coupons..

Jeannie April 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I didn’t see a Zantac coupon in my paper today. My store in Vancouver had a Dasani water RR deal on the window but it didn’t ring up. They gave me a cash refund. On sale 2/3 for 20 oz and receive 1.50 RR. Was a rough trip. I will regroup and go back tomorrow.

Barbara A April 2, 2012 at 1:46 am

Jeannie, I had that kind of day yesterday, too. I liked the way you phrased it..was a rough trip. I will regroup and go back tomorrow. Yep, that’s what I am going to do, too….. I hope you have a better day.

Gaby April 1, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I actually received that Venus & Olay razor from a giveaway they had on their facebook. Haven’t tried it yet though.

Stacia April 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm

The RR for garnier wasn’t printing at my store. Manager rerang without coupons and it printed then

robin April 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm

In order to use the $5.00 Venus & Olay razor coupon in the April P&G, you have to purchase the razor AND refill cartridges. If you just buy the razor, you can only use the $2.00 coupon. That means the razor isn’t free.

Lisa April 1, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I don’t think anyone said the razor was free?

robin April 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Sorry, wrong blog. I thought it was here that I read you could get it for free with the $5.00 coupon. That’s what I get for reading so many couponing web sites!

Christie April 1, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Robin – too funny! No, not here. :) I know if you read a bunch it can make you nuts, I’ve narrowed my list down to like 6.

As for the razors – they have gotten so expensive that I think $2.99 is still pretty good. Especially if you need it right away. I feel like the days of the .99 high quality razors are gone. :(

brandi April 2, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I got the razor and had to buy nothing but the razor and it was 8.99 – 5.00 coupon and then a 4.00 rr

brandi April 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm

and the coupon said buy that razor or buy a different one and a refill so its $5.00 off the razor.

Diane April 1, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I went to WAGS early this A.M. for the Venus razor and Vanity Fair napkins. They were already out of both items. Ended up with just a few filler items to finish Easter baskets. My CVS was also out of the Venus along with the Allegra, and Walmart was out of the Allegra, too. NOT a good day for me…

Roci April 2, 2012 at 2:41 am

I hear you! Last week seemed to be a great week for deals & the stores were fully stocked. This week not so much. Oh well, We’ll save even more by not spending :o)

shannyn April 2, 2012 at 5:19 am

Sometimes I welcome a quiet sales week. Because it can be hard *to keep up*. But by Wednesday someone will figure out a freebie stack and it will be a mad rush to the store b/f the shelves are cleared.

Diane April 3, 2012 at 12:30 am

I know what you mean. I am already dreaming about the lustre toothpaste deal with 1.50 man Q. never tried that product. Also want to try the cottonelle RR deal. my store currently has them on “unadvertised special” of 4.00 ea. hoping the RR still prints out!

Katy April 1, 2012 at 10:31 pm

The RR for the Fiber One bars was not printing. Luckily a manager scanned the Nature Valley bars in to get the RR to print.

Dianne Shaw April 1, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Love Walgreen’s and so appreciate their partnership with AARP. Last week, my Longview News Journal didn’t have a $5 off coupon for Claritin, at least not in our area (not Walgreen’s fault), but hated missing out on the special that would have made the price $11.99 for 40 tabs had I gotten the coupon. Nevertheless, deals like that are a great part of Walgreen’s, plus they have fantastic sales!

Kriszta April 2, 2012 at 12:14 am

Walgreens has the 5 ct Allegra for $6.99 I think, so the $7 coupon would make it free.
They had plenty Zantac, I got 5 and plan to go back later this week and get more.
Also they had plenty Reynolds wrap and vanity fair napkin.

Nina April 2, 2012 at 12:16 am

I went to my local Walgreens and found some Gillette body wash on sale for $2.29. I took the last two and when I got to the register it rang up for $2.29 and second one was FREE!!

couponjon April 2, 2012 at 1:47 am

wonder if my buy 4 rice crispies & save 4.00 coupon would work ? the limit in the ad is 4 but I wonder if it would yield a 4 dollar RR or only 2$ ? any thoughts ????

Christie April 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

You would get a $2 RR but they’d still be $1 a box so a great deal! :)

couponjon April 2, 2012 at 1:05 pm

oh yeah. 4 for ten minus 2 RR & 4 $ coupon. $4 for 4. Plus they are elligible for the rebate. thanks, that’s why i don’t do math at 2 AM. :)

Boon April 2, 2012 at 3:54 am

So for the Zantac, I found this deal:
Zantac 7.99
-5/1 mfc
-2/1 from savings book
-2/1 ivc from wags digestive health book
Making these free, I haven’t try this deal yet but it should work right?

Mary April 2, 2012 at 7:25 am

I was told the April book and the Digestive health book coupons wouldn’t work together. Still, you will only pay 99 cents /box. Pretty darn good in my opinion! Just wish the 150mg boxes were a full 30 day supply as my husband has to take these daily.

Edda April 2, 2012 at 7:49 am

I will like to know how to scan two coupons when the price comes negative. I had a situation with the clearance Bayer on Friday. The Bayer is at $2.29, there was a IVC coupon of -$1, a MFC of -$1.50 and I used the 15% Wags friendly Q. The price change to $1.95 after the 15% discount, then I used the other two Q’s. The assistant manager was extremely nice so I did not put a fight (besides I have a good supply of Bayer). Since I had an overage I explained he could adjust the MFC but he thought he was losing .55 instead of gaining it plus the .08 for the Q processing.
When there is a lower amount does the IVC adjust the price or takes off the whole amount of the IVC having to adjust the MFC? This is kind of confusing I hope I explain myself correctly, any help will be accepted. Thanks…

Mary April 2, 2012 at 7:29 am

My wonderful cashier nor the MOD knew Walgreens policy. They refused to take a coupon on each item in the Speed Stick B1G1 deal. I would have still been paying 99 cents for one set of two and $1.99 for the other set of two. The register beeped when they tried to use the 3rd coupon and they said it was because it was showing free so since i wasn’t paying for anything, they couldn’t take my coupon. I called corporate when I left the store and an awesome CS rep named Susan confirmed the policy for me and I am expecting a call from Mgmt this week. So tired of employees not knowing their own policy. It seems like they have them scared to death to push a coupon through after verifying the correct item/coupon. (Note…I was polite the entire time and simply asked the items be removed from my purchase.)

Bobbi Jean April 2, 2012 at 8:00 am

Purchased 6 Garnier, 2 speed sticks, and 6 doz local brand eggs. What a surprise-those local brand eggs were selling for $.79/doz! I had (3) .55/2 coupons. My store recently got the new computerized registers, and no RR printed for the Garnier. The MOD fixed it by re-ringing, but the manager said the new system doesnt like to print out RR if Manu Qs are used on the item. They are hoping it gets fixed

Deborah April 2, 2012 at 10:11 am

It has been over 1 month that my store got the new registers and I always use manuf. coupons in almost everything I buy at Walgreens and I have not had one single problem with rewards not printing. I don’t think the explanation you got is accurate, the issue has to be something different, and I do understand when a computer acts in some way and you don’t know what to say, you just have to save the moment!

Evelyn April 2, 2012 at 11:55 am

On another site, someone said that the Garnier deal works only when you buy $15 after any coupons. So this means you have to buy 10, use 10 coupons in order to get the .67 price, right?

Debbie G. April 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I got the Venus razor this morning. Rang up at 8.99, used the 5.00 off coupon and got the 4.00 register rewards. Was surprised. So I guess I paid .99 technically.

lin April 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Can anyone confirm the Suave deal? The posster above mentioned a $2 33 when you buy 3. Didn’t see it in the flyer. Thanks

Brenda April 4, 2012 at 1:49 am

Has anyone had trouble with the Axe RR printing? I found some body wash on clearance for $1.44 and bought 3, but the RR didn’t print.

Brenda April 4, 2012 at 2:02 am

I forgot to mention my other clearance finds.
Walgreens Thin Maxi Pads =.79 each
(these also rang up with the BOG50% sale, so I got 2 pkg for $1.18)
Lever 2000 bar soap 2pk = .62 each
Olay bar soap 2pk. = $1.24 each
(used the $1 coupon in the 4-1PG to get it for .24 each, Olay products are BOG50% this week so these should work for that but my store only had 1 left.)